Juicy watermelon is the favorite summer fruit among many people. In fact, watermelons are loaded with phytonutrients, vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Plus, they have the highest nutritional value per calorie, containing just 30 calories per 100g. Therefore, their consumption can help to reduce your appetite and boost weight loss.
Moreover, watermelons have powerful anti-inflammatory properties that reduce high blood pressure, improve heart health, and prevent diabetes. Besides tasting great, this fruit is also abundant in Vitamin C. Thus, helps you boost your immune system and relieve symptoms of asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Here are some of the many benefits provided by watermelon:
1. Kills dangerous microscopic organisms and heals the kidneys.
2. Thanks to its diuretic properties, watermelon seeds help in the elimination of kidney stones. Just crush 1 tablespoon of watermelon seeds and let them steep in boiling water.
3. Regular consumption of watermelons lowers high blood pressure and keeps it from rising afterwards.
4. Since watermelons are high in vitamin C, they help you prevent hardening of the arteries.
5. Due to the high water and fiber content, watermelon helps to prevent constipation and “keep things moving”.
6. Due to the lycopene, vitamin C, and other antioxidants watermelons may help you prevent prostate cancer.
7. Potassium and magnesium relieve soreness and muscle pain. Therefore, watermelon is always a good choice after a workout as it puts your body in recovery process.
8. Watermelons eliminate excess ammonia from the liver, and helps you detoxify your entire body.
There are many ways in which you can consume this healthy fruit. Most people like combining chunks of watermelon to their salads while others prefer munching plain slices. Watermelon is also a very good juice idea if you are into juicing. In fact, it doesn’t even matter as any combination you choose is extremely healthy for your body. Just make sure to cool the fruit in your fridge for an even tastier treat in these summer days.